Empuls is a holistic employee engagement solution for mid to small-sized businesses. It is a SaaS product which helps people managers and HR professionals drive motivation, build alignment and empower employees. For more information, please visit: www.xoxoday.com/empuls
What is the role?
Xoxoday is looking for a Principal Product Manager who will have full ownership for multiple areas of the product, including product roadmap and release planning. Responsibilities include listening to customers, creating business requirements, defining user stories, building prototypes, collaborating with the engineering team for product development, and ensuring launch and adoption of these solutions. The detailed list of responsibilities are captured below:
- Own the strategy and roadmap for designated product areas. Be an advocate for the customer and keep a close eye on the competition and industry to build the roadmap in alignment with the long-term product vision.
- Plan and manage all stages of the product life cycle, from ideation to launch, adoption/growth, and sunsetting.
- Develop business cases for each product initiative to demonstrate customer need, feasibility, pricing, addressable and realizable revenues, competitive positioning, implementation plan, and support costs, etc.
- Work with the product design team to iteratively develop highly usable, intuitive, and pixel-perfect designs and prototypes.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to build a strong GTM strategy and be the spokesperson for the product within the industry by hosting webinars, events, etc.
- Mentor other junior product managers and product designers on the team
- Lastly, but most importantly, work closely with the engineering team to build a repeatable and efficient process for product delivery including but not limited to backlog grooming, prioritization, and sprint planning.
Who is a good fit for this role?
Consider yourself a good fit for this role if you have these characteristics. Don’t worry if you don’t check every item on the list below. If you have the attitude to constantly challenge and upskill yourself, you might still be a good fit.
- Full product funnel ownership - You have 8+ years of product management experience for a consumer or B2B SaaS service, with multiple launches under your belt.
- Deep empathy for user needs - You love talking to users, and you have multiple approaches for understanding what matters to them and why.
- Ability to communicate effectively - You can clearly communicate with different internal stakeholders and external stakeholders. You are comfortable speaking the language of engineers on one end and customers, executives, or other business stakeholders on the other end. You thrive on ambiguity. You are as comfortable articulating vision and strategy as you are writing detailed product requirements.
- Attention to detail - You obsess about the smallest product details, from colour to positioning and tone of language. You benchmark yourself against the best in the industry and aim to build the best. You are able to build systems that enable the team to maintain a high bar for quality.
- You ask and answer the right questions - You develop smart hypotheses and have a knack for designing research and experiments to prove them. You love data, and the know-how to interpret and think critically about results.
- Understanding of technology frameworks and concepts - You can work closely with the engineering team, to understand tradeoffs and make decisions around prioritization and scope.
- Team orientation - You go above and beyond to make your product and team successful, whether it’s filing bugs or organizing team offsites. You believe and understand that strong products are built by closely-knit teams. You are naturally inclined towards owning criticism and deflecting praise to the team.
Who will you work with?
You will work closely with technology, design, sales, marketing and customer care teams. You will report to the VP of product management.
What can you look for?
The opportunity to shape and build a product through its very early stages, a wide breadth of responsibilities, and an opportunity to challenge yourself every day. The product is one of the prominent solutions in the Indian geography and witnessing rapid adoption and growth across multiple world geographies including the US and Europe. You get the chance to collaborate with a highly skilled team with a good mix of experience and a can-do attitude.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients in engaging and motivating their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. We however assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.