What is the role?
This position will play a primary role in designing and implementing test plans to improve the usability of our products. The QA tester works with the development team to test and debug code, correct errors, and troubleshoot any issues with the software application. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests, the best way to test and communicate them to the stakeholders clearly.
- Analyze users stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Reviews and understands business requirements/use cases and functional details.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Execute tests on source code.
- Analyze test results and reporting to the development team.
- Identifies, logs and tracks defects found during test execution.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
- Provide support and documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Min 2 years of experience as a Software Tester or similar role.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good understanding of SDLC and testing practices.
- Good communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Experience using network proxy tools like Wireshark, Charles proxy, or Fiddler proxy for analyzing HTTP request and responses.
- Ability to read and analyze device/system logs (Logcat, XCode, etc.)
- Bonus points for programming knowledge in Java, or any other OOP language.
- A good working knowledge of test management software, programming languages, and QA methodologies.
- Good team working and critical thinking skills.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment will enable you to juggle between concepts yet maintain the quality of content, interact, share your ideas, and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. However, we assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.